Plastic Optical Fiber
XiOptics “Product Leadership Through Innovation”
XiOptics has taken a leadership position in deploying 1mm plastic optical fiber
into harsh environments by developing our proprietary “Unibody” terminus line of product. When applied to Mil-T-29504
terminus style termini XiOptics can now directly integrate plastic optical fiber interconnectivity into any Mil-C-38999
connector system at pricing points that are aligned with the objective of deploying high performance optical networks
based on low cost POF transceivers and other active devices.
Features and Benefits:
- Type 2 bonding cup solution for easier and mess free fiber termination. Allows room for integrated bonding of fiber jacket.
Suitable for all plastic fiber up to 1.1mm coated core. Fiber bore diameters available across 500 to 1100 micron range.
- XiOptics proprietary “Unibody” construction delivers low cost and ease of termination into a single terminus product.
- All stainless steel body construction removes the worry of plating flaking creating contamination or corrosion cell formation.
- Tapered entrance and exit section ease adhesive application and fiber insertion.
- Extended bonding cup engages connector rear seal forming a precision seal that is not dependent on plastic optical fiber jacketing.
- Removable hood for endface cleaning and inspection.
XOP termini are fully compliant to Mil-PRF-29504 and MIL-T-29504/7 geometry for use in ARINC 404/600 connectors.
Ferrule: Unibody Stainless Steel
Body Materials: Stainless Steel Alloy
Spring: Stainless Steel
Optical performance in POF applications is highly dependent upon fiber processing
techniques and optical media or wavelength applications. XiOptics is typically
measuring less than .5 db at 635 nm and 1 db of insertion loss for 850 nm.
XiOptics can supply sample hardware for customer evaluation of performance characteristics
for specific applications.